How To Extend Your TV Warranty For Free
If your TV has failed on you, there’s hope. Many credit cards will automatically offer an extended warranty on your TV and other electronics if you purchased the product with their card. It’s all a part of their consumer protection package.
Samsung Sony, LG, Vizio, and more will all be covered if you used the right card for your purchase.
How Each Network Has You Covered
Coverage will vary for cards within each network, but overall network policies are consistent:
- American Express: Automatically offers a one year extension on the TV manufacturer’s warranty.
- Visa Signature: Automatically offers a one year extension on the TV manufacturer’s warranty.
- MasterCard: Will only offer one year of protection, if the manufacturer doesn’t already offer a full year warranty.
- Discover: Does not offer any extended warranty on TVs.
How To File A Claim With Your Credit Card
If you purchased your TV with a credit card that offers coverage you’ll need the following to file a claim:
- Original store receipt – they can look this up for you if you lost the physical copy.
- Copy of the manufacturer warranty. Here are the warranty’s for some of the top brands
Your Credit Card’s TV Protection
Keeping track of your credit card benefits, purchases, and warranties can be a lot of work. Sift takes the guess work out of the entire process by informing you of the best card at your disposal for specific purchases, will keep track of your purchases for any claims, and unlock all of your credit card’s hidden perks. Download Sift from the Apple Store or Google Play.